Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Home Kegging

I purchased some CO2 from Bevco yesterday, and I set up my keg system. The first beer on is an amber, and it tastes great! I am having some problems balancing the system though. Basically that means there is a lot of foam on the beer and I'm not sure if it is super carbonated. We'll get the balance figured out, there are a lot of equations to calculate the propper pressure, but I think trial and error will be better in the end.I ended up drinking enough last night to give me a headache today though. The alcohol content on the amber ended up being almost exactly 5% abv.
The Raspberry Wheat is looking really good so far. I think my goal is to brew a batch a week, I think that is very doable

Bottled: Brown Ale
Keg 1: Amber Ale
Keg 2: empty
Keg 3: empty
Secondary: empty
Primary: Raspberry Wheat
On deck: Cream Ale

No comments: